Thursday, November 18, 2010

Coincidence I think not!

It has only been a few days since my last post but I thought that I better keep track of these postings a little better so here goes another one.
EDUCAUSE
·         Now that I have taken a few Instructional Technology courses I understand that a lot goes into developing a course online but I also understand that it takes a lot of effort to develop an on-campus course so the issue of compensation has been very strange indeed to follow on the thread the last few days.  So many IT voices are saying compensation is due when developing an online course that they will teach but I wonder is compensation given to those that teach on-campus courses or is online instructors paid less then on-campus instructors? 
·         Realize how very lucky we are to have Elearning here at the University along with our instructional design department.  Many other institutions are having to use publisher’s content or have to develop courses from scratch by themselves.  I do wonder though about how our system works in compensation since we have the instructional design department does the faculty only provide the material to be learned and then the department put it together?
ITFORUM
·         Unfortunately there was not much for me to comment on with ITFORUM this time around.  I do want to say that I have enjoyed and will continue to enjoy reading the post to the Forum.  I still have very limited terminology and have to rely on wikis to explain many of the concepts that are presenting on the forum.  After deciding this semester that IT is where I want to see myself in the next several years and moving into the IT program at the University I am very excited to have had this opportunity and feel very fortunate to have taken this course when I did.

No comments:

Post a Comment